Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Another great day of ministry!  VBS Day 2 increased from the 35 kids on day 1 to 48 on day 2!  Finished the day with an amazing devotion from Pastor Bachew, who's salvation story gives great hope for missionaries.  We may never know in this life the impact we have, like the group from Michigan who came and ministered to that 12 yr old Hindu boy 40 years ago!  Below see testimonies from Youth Detention center and Elderly Home. First evening crusade is tonight.  Pray for us and the people of Trinidad!

From Aaron Welch:
Romans 8 tells us that nothing can separate us from the love of God…nothing…today we got to see this in action.  A few days ago Penny asked me if I would be willing to share the Gospel presentation at a boys prison.  I said I would love to and began to think and pray about what God would want me to say.
We arrived at the prison and went through check-in process and I was totally unprepared for what I would experience.  I envisioned that a small handful of the 11-18 year old boys incarcerated here would actually show up to listen to us.  To my amazement the gym bleachers were packed out with what I can only guess was around 500 boys and young men who were here either convicted of, or waiting trial for crimes such as burglary, larson, rape, and murder.  
Will, a.k.a. “Yong Noah”, a hip-hop artist traveling with us, opened up the program with a couple songs.  But again God brought the unexpected.  During Will’s second song the power to the sound system went out. We immediately jumped to plan “B”. My son Wes and I played a violin, guitar duet, and due to the sound outage I jumped right into the Gospel presentation.
And here comes the exciting part where God showed his power over sin, power over incarceration, power over bondage and power over our past.  At the end of the message I asked the men to close their eyes and pray with me.  I asked if anyone wanted to receive Christ as their Savior to repeat a prayer after me.  And instead of them doing this in silence I was brought to tear of joys as 20…30…40 boys and young men repeated the salvation prayer out loud after me.
Lord Jesus, your love, grace, and forgiveness are indescribable.  I praise you that even in our brokenness you love us. I thank you that nothing can separate us from your love. We rejoice with these young men who gave their lives to you

From MacKensie Henn:
Today, we visited a wonderful elderly home, which was truly filled with God loving people. They sang with us and loved the children who sang and played. God really is working here and as I saw from the elderly, he has been here for awhile.

2 comments:

  1. WOW ... Praise our LORD for using all of you. Jean and I are "Praying Continually" and following your day to day activities. We feel present wiht you "In the Spirit."

    Love In Christ,
    Kirt and Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for these very dear accounts of how God used you in many powerful ways. What a blessing to even read about it!

    ReplyDelete